Another year, another set of book challenges!
For the past couple years the only book challenge I have taken on is the 50 books in a year challenge. This was because I was feeling a bit boxed in by the challenges I was taking on and I didn’t feel like I could really read whatever I wanted.
This year I plan to revive my love of book challenges by picking challenges that excite me and that I really want to be a part of.
To ensure I don’t get bogged down in numbers I’m choosing to make each challenge cross count, this way one book can count for all the challenges.
- 2017 Popsugar Ultimate Reading Challenge
- This challenge runs from January 1st to December 31st and has 40 book prompts to help to diversify your reading. There is an advanced version of the challenge that has 52 book prompts but I will be sticking with the original challenge this year.
- This is a challenge I’ve always wanted to take on but I never really remember about until the middle of the year and then I figure it’s too late. It is a bit ambitious however there is a Goodreads group “Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge” that is there to help make the challenge a bit easier and more fun by offering book recommendations and group discussion.
- The Chronological Sherlock Holmes Challenge
- This challenge runs from January 2017 to April 2018 and aims to take us through all the Sherlock Holmes short stories and novels in chronological order. There is a recommended reading schedule that has you reading a short story over the course of a week and a novel over the course of three weeks.
- I love Sherlock Holmes and I have been meaning to read the stories for years. This is the perfect opportunity to complete this goal in a logical way without feeling pressured or rushed.
- The “What Would Jane Do?” Challenge
- This challenge runs from January 1st to December 31st and aims to have the participant read and watch as many Jane Austen and Jane Austen inspired books and movies that they want. There are many different levels to this challenge however I will be undertaking the Official Challenge which is to read and watch 8 or more books and movies by or inspired by Ms. Austen.
- I love Jane Austen and I am just dying to read more of her books. I think this challenge will push me to pick up some of her novels that I haven’t read and revisit the ones that I love.
- 2017 Monthly Motif Reading Challenge
- This challenge runs from January 1st to December 31st and has 12 monthly prompts for you to follow.
- I really love the prompts, I think they are super fun and I should have a blast trying to read books that match.
- Harry Potter Challenge
- This is a home made challenge that will run from January 1st to December 31st and is simply to reread and rewatch the Harry Potter books and movies this year.
- I LOVE Harry Potter, it is one of the few series that I fan girl for and it is the one I fan girl over the hardest. It is such a great story with such amazing characters. I have never reread it and it is something that I have been meaning to do for years.
Are you doing any book challenges this year?
If so, which ones? I would love to know!
Let me know in the comments below.
See you tomorrow and happy reading!